Badminton Life



Chinese Players To Skip Indonesian Open

JAKARTA, June 8 (Bernama) -- Chinese players will be notable absentees from the Indonesian Open Super Series to be held in Jakarta from June 22-27 said organising chairman Handojo in Jakarta, Tuesday.

"Most of the top players in the world have confirmed their participation, including Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei and the doubles pair but Chinese players will not be among them," he said.

He said Chinese players have cited their commitment to a local competition as the reason for their absence from the Indonesian Open that offers US$350,000 (RM1.15 million) prize money.

However, despite the absence of China, the championship will see participation from 30 countries, including Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Denmark, Slovenia, Macau, Spain and Italy.

Indonesian Badminton Association general manager Djoko Santoso said he would continue efforts to bring the Chinese players for the competition.

He added that Indonesian would be eying the men's singles, men's doubles and mixed doubles titles during the competition.

Meanwhile, Indonesia's National Head coach Christian Hadinata said the absence of China would see a stiff competition among participating countries, especially in the women's competition which had been dominated by the Chinese players.

Hadinata said organisers had picked "Celebrate World's Badminton Passion!" as the theme for this year's competition while Istora Senayan, the venue for the championship would be decorated to usher in the celebrations.

Source from BERNAMA












Return from Badminton: Chinese Players To Skip Indonesian Open to Badminton News & Videos

Return from Badminton: Chinese Players To Skip Indonesian Open to Badminton Information






 
Badminton Life
Join Our Free Training Tips Newsletter

Get 2 Training Videos and The Singles Tactics E-Book For Free!




Join the Badminton Life Newsletter and get 2 free sample videos from The Essentials of Badminton Technique and a free E-Book on Singles Tactics!



Badminton Life