Badminton Life

Hafiz Can Go But Misbun Saga Drags On

KUALA LUMPUR Jan 23 (Bernama) -- Muhammad Hafiz Hashim will be released by Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) but the saga of coach Datuk Misbun Sidek drags on.

BAM president Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Salleh said Hafiz who has a contract until next year will have his contract terminated on Feb 1.

The BAM supreme council which met at Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil today also gave Nadzmi the mandate to find a solution to Misbun's problem.

Nadzmi said that he would be talking to Misbun about his resignation letter after Proton Malaysian Open has concluded.

Misbun resigned as national singles coach on Dec 31 last year but BAM asked him to reconsider and continue to train top single player Datuk Lee Chong Wei.

Chong Wei is Malaysia's best gold medal hope at 2012 London Olympic Games.

On Hafiz, he said BAM accepted his request to turn professional as he had represented Malaysia many times.

"He has served the country well, so we accepted his request without any conditions," said Nadzmi.

Hafiz who is the second national single player told BAM in Dec last year that he wanted to leave and turn professional.

The 2003 All-England single champion failed to get pass the first round of Proton Malaysian Open at Stadium Putra in Bukit Jalil.

Source from BERNAMA

Return from Hafiz Can Go But Misbun Saga Drags On to Badminton News & Videos

Return from Hafiz Can Go But Misbun Saga Drags On to Badminton Information

Badminton Life
Join Our Free Training Tips Newsletter

Get 2 Training Videos and The Singles Tactics E-Book For Free!

Join the Badminton Life Newsletter and get 2 free sample videos from The Essentials of Badminton Technique and a free E-Book on Singles Tactics!

Badminton Life